Ruffled Honeysuckle Brooch – PDF Tutorial
These illustrated, step-by-step instructions make a brooch featuring a cabochon with a ruffled peyote stitch bezel.
This is a great way for beginners to learn about capturing cabochons, decreasing tubular peyote stitch, and fringing.
Skill level: Beginner to Intermediate
- Beaded backstitch (bead embroidery)
- Peyote stitch
- 4 grams brown size 11 seed beads (A)
- 4 grams green size 11 seed beads (B)
- 4 grams pink size 11 seed beads (C)
- 4 pressed glass leaves (top drilled)
- 30mm cabochon
- Ultra suede or leather
- 1 Pin back
- Strong glue
- Size D Nymo thread
- Thread conditioner
- Size 12 beading needles
- Optional: Sharp needles
You will need the Adobe Reader to view the PDFs. The Adobe Reader is available for free from www.adobe.com.
Please contact me if you want to teach this project to a class.